Have you daydreamed about your retirement? Where do you picture yourself? On the beach? In the city? A small condo, or a cabin?
While it’s fun to daydream, it’s also practical to wonder where the best cities in America are to retire. How do you rank the best cities, you may ask?
Redfin completed research on what they believe is the best city to retire in. They looked at:
- Walk Score: cities with good walkability.
- State and local income tax rate: cities with lower taxes were considered ideal since many retire on a fixed income .
- Average daily temperature: moderate-warm weather with cities having a daily temperature of 75 degrees were more desirable.
- Percentage of 65+ households: A higher 65 and older population would be more popular among retirees, since it is usually nice to have a community of people who are the same age
- Percentage of “accessible” homes for sale on Redfin: These listings included ramps, parking spaces, and ADA-compliant bathrooms.
To see which cities in each state Redfin deemed the “best” to move to once you retire, check out the table below:
|California||San Luis Obispo|
|New Jersey||Atlantic City|
|New Mexico||Santa Fe|
|New York||New York|
|South Carolina||Myrtle Beach|
|Utah||Salt Lake City|
Stop by AmeriTitle’s Blog for more real estate news and tips!