There are many issues that can be handled proactively to help keep your closing moving along smoothly. If any of these common items apply to your transaction, please communicate that information to your escrow officer right away:
- Will there be a lender providing financing? If so, whom?
- Will any party be using a power of attorney?
- Has there been a change in marital status?
- Are any of the parties in title deceased?
- Is this property involved in a 1031 tax-deferred exchange?
- Will the property be transferred into or from a trust, partnership, corporation or limited liability company?
- Do any of the parties signing not have a government-issued photo ID or driver’s license?
- Do you plan to change the buyer’s name in any way?
- Has there been any construction on the property in the last six months?
- Is there a mobile home on the property, and does it need to be made into real property?
- Will you require a courtesy signing or mobile notary, or will you be able to attend a signing at our AmeriTitle office?
Blog contributor: Business Development Representative Rosi Green – AmeriTitle Silverton, OR office