Here are some important tips to make sure you are prepared for this important day:
- Let us know if you’ll be out of town during the closing / signing time
- Keep your schedule flexible.
- Appointments for sellers typically take about 30 minutes.
- Review your estimated settlement statement prior to the signing appointment.
- All sellers currently vested in the property will need to sign documents.
- Identification: Current driver’s license, or other government form of picture ID
- Social Security Number
- If you are bringing in funds to close, it needs to be in the form of a cashier’s check or a wire from your bank.
- If you would like us to wire or direct deposit your proceeds, bring your bank wire instructions or a deposit slip for the account.
- You are responsible for cancelling your fire and hazard insurance. Wait until your transaction is recorded.
These should all be taken care of in advance of the signing appointment, but just in case…
- If the property is held in a trust, we will need a copy of the trust or certification of trust.
- If there is a divorce, we will need a copy of the divorce decree.
- If you are signing as Power of Attorney, we will need to know this in advance.
AmeriTitle is dedicated to created the best home closing experience for you as possible. We are grateful when you choose us to be your trusted partner during this time in your life.
Oregon | Idaho | Washington
Recognized as a trusted resource for settlement services in the Pacific Northwest, AmeriTitle’s convenient locations in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington offer superior service and local expertise in all aspects of escrow, title insurance, and mapping services.