Here are some tips to help you prepare for your signing day:
- Let us know if you’ll be out of town during the closing / signing time.
- Keep your schedule flexible.
- Appointments for buyers typically take about 45 – 60 minutes.
- Review your Closing Disclosure prior to the signing appointment.
- All people included in the transaction and on the loan will need to sign documents.
- Identification: Current driver’s license, or other government form of picture ID
- Social Security Number
- Check in with your lender to make sure they have all the information they need from you.
- Any funds required for closing should be wired from your bank.
- Have your fire and hazard insurance in place for the new home.
These should be taken care of in advance of the signing appointment, but just in case…
- If the property is to be held in a trust, we will need a copy of the trust certification.
- If a Power of Attorney is to be used, we will need to know this in advance.
Oregon | Idaho | Washington
Recognized as a trusted resource for settlement services in the Pacific Northwest, AmeriTitle’s convenient locations in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington offer superior service and local expertise in all aspects of escrow, title insurance, and mapping services.
This content is provided for informational purposes only and is not to be construed as legal, financial, or real estate advice.